Welcome to kawaii land! ^0^

Verse of the Day

Saturday, July 19, 2008

080719

This coming Monday I need to hand in the biology folio so today I went online to search animal tissues for clearer details hehe...teacher allowed us to do so~each of us was given a set of light microscope that was borrowed from the school...knew can't own the microscope and must return it at the end of the lesson. We were all newbies in drawing those complicated cells..OMG, I could hardly recognize parts of a cell...

I found few useful sites helping me to do my work.eg, abbr,etymology,...

I searched on xxxxxx for 'goblet cell'- a cup shaped cell present in the epithelium of the respiratory and gastrointestinal tracts. Goblet cells secrete mucin, the main constituent of mucous, which lubricates the mucous membranes of these tracts..

'Goblet' from O.Fr. gobelet, dim. of gobel "cup,"
then I also clicked on gob to know more la
"a mouthful, lump," c.1382, from O.Fr.This Celtic source also seems to be root of gob "mouth" (c.1550), which is the first element in gob-stopper "a kind of large hard candy" (1928).

got the pic from oldtimeconfections.com

after seeing that, I really want to try it out la~ MMmmmmmmm, looks so chewy :P

hmm I need to continue my work so I stop at this '.'

No comments: