Welcome to kawaii land! ^0^

Verse of the Day

Thursday, March 06, 2008

THE 080306

Its been a while.....a while...

what?what?!!!

...HELLO! ^^

well well well...there's a promising cancer new drug ---MI-219.


Researchers have long searched for a novel cancer drug that activates a certain protein to kill tumor cells. But finding a drug that kills the cancer without causing damage to normal cells has stymied researchers.


If clinical trials prove out the drug's promise, it could have potential for treating many different types of cancer.

The protein p53, which normally helps suppress tumors, is inactivated in almost all human cancers. About half the time, p53 does not do its job because the gene that holds the protein is mutated or missing altogether. The other half of the time, another protein, called human MDM2, is the culprit. It binds to p53 and inhibits the tumor suppressor function of p53, promoting cancer development.



Many traditional cancer drugs also activate p53 but they do so by causing DNA damage. They kill not only tumor cells but also normal cells, thus having severe side effects. MI-219 is unique in that it is designed to activate p53 without causing DNA damage, specifically killing tumor cells. Indeed, MI-219 is highly effective in inhibiting tumor growth, and even inducing tumor regression, but it has caused no toxicity to animals at efficacious doses



Using a computer-assisted approach, U-M researchers designed a small molecule, called MI-219, that is highly effective in blocking the interaction of MDM2 and p53. MI-219 specifically kills tumor cells by harnessing the power of p53. In animal models of human cancer, MI-219 completely inhibited tumor growth and appeared to cause no toxicity to animals.


In addition to its effectiveness at killing cancer cells without toxic side effects, MI-219 can be developed as a pill that patients could take orally, rather than the traditional chemotherapy drugs that must be given intravenously at a hospital or cancer center.


While promising in preclinical studies, MI-219 needs to be evaluated in human clinical trials for its safety and efficacy for cancer treatment since it is a brand new drug.


The therapeutic potential of MI-219 for the treatment of many types of human cancer. Ascenta is committed to advancing MI-219, which we have designated AT-219, into human clinical trials," says study author Dajun Yang, M.D., Ph.D., senior vice president of research and a co-founder of Ascenta Therapeutics, a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company that has licensed the technology related to MI-219 from U-M and plans to aggressively advance it into human clinical trials. MI-219 is in preclinical studies and not yet ready for human trials in cancer patients.


there's a song playing in my mind...entitled "SHOUT TO THE LORD"


<3 it

My Jesus, My Savior
Lord there is none like You
All of my days
I want to praise
The wonders of Your mighty love

My Comfort, My Shelter
Tower of refuge and strength
Let every breath
And all that I am
Never cease to worship You

Shout to the Lord
All the earth
Let us sing
Power and majesty
Praise to the King
Mountains bow down
And the seas will roar
At the sound of Your Name

I sing for joy at the work of Your hands
Forever I'll love you
Forever I'll stand
Nothing compares to the promise I have in You

My Jesus, My Saviour
Lord there is none like You
All of my days
I want to praise
The wonders of Your mighty love

My comfort
My Shelter
Tower of refuge and strength
let every breath
All that I am
Never cease to worship you

Shout to the Lord
All the earth
Let us sing
Power and majesty
Praise to the King
Mountains bow down
And the seas will roar
At the sound of Your Name

I sing for joy at the work of Your hands
Forever I'll love you
Forever I'll stand
Nothing compares to the promise I have in You

Shout to the Lord
All the earth
Let us sing
Power and majesty
Praise to the King
Mountains bow down
And the seas will roar
At the sound of Your Name

I sing for joy at the work of Your hands
Forever I'll love you
Forever I'll stand
Nothing compares to the promise I have
Nothing compares to the promise I have
Nothing compares to the promise I have in You




Yesterday I learned how to drive a car up to the slope.
Today I learned how to park a car and the 3 points* thingy!

tomorrow don't know?

but next time i know!

may be driving up to the higher slope,learn parking at the driving test place????

when talked bout that car

complaining the Perodua car was very lousy..timing belt was not good

the safety belt and air-cond also not good >-<>
many using it for car driving lesson in Malaysia

otherwise you go Singapore and learn driving lo then its better!I think at there they used Honda City?!

BLAHBLAHBLAHBLAHblah~~

I got sunburnt! DARKer skin tone d.

besides its very difficult for me to turn the car steering.

yooooo.....the instructor ask me to eat more rice ..haiz haiz haiz



LORD JESUS,

I NEED YOUR STRENGTH.I seek your guidance.

Help me to handle the car wisely and give me a safety journey for every time I leave my home.

Thank you GoD for listening my prayer.

In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.

=.= =.= =.= =.= =.=

+++++exhausted!

peo please don't ever give up in doing something!

Hilarious?


FINISHED blogging! "."

all right, Im goin to eat some snack now!

tata!

I'd attached a pic down there

WOW!MEET THE...

...CUTE,PINK MINI!A GIRL CAR!


No comments: