Welcome to kawaii land! ^0^

Verse of the Day

Monday, August 27, 2012

What A Night

ooh, ooh, ooh we were so lucky that night!


Last Saturday, family, friends, and I went to church anniversary dinner. I was so happy to see some of old church friends to be around. It's been some time since we have seen each other. I think I overreacted too. Some kids have grown taller and looking good yeah! I guess in some certain ways I've been working it but still about the same height. I will because I can, I can because I want to, I want to because you said I couldn't. Believe it or not, we the older ones can still continue to grow 3 to 4 inches more over our lifetime so don't give up on growth. Before the event started, we spent some time on catching up on each other's stories. Somehow, I miss our times together. I wonder if anyone feel the same as I do. 

There's celebration performance by church members, messages. We sang along with every song we know and then straight to feast time! We had our casual dining style, 8 dishes- from appetizer to main dish and finishing off with dessert. Then, came the time for the biggest surprise- lucky draw. We didn't expect to win anything. Everything was like normal until the number 0065 was announced. Mum was too excited until she gave me the wrong number omg. After that, we waited for few more prizes to be given out. Then, dad said, 'ho liao dim dui' in hokkien meaning good quality thing at the bottom part. We got lucky twice. I think my dad has extrasensory perception or any psychic power haha. Right after my dad said, "God will give you". the event host announced the number 0070, we shouted mirthfully. FIRST prize! Mum's friend got up to stage to claim the prize. It was a food hamper. Although it's not very expensive prize, we still felt very lucky and happy to share the joy of winning. After bidding friends farewell, we laughed all the way home.

A couple of things I learned:

1. I need to be more courageous. No matter what outcome is, you have to do to go through that challenge, right? I would definitely invite my friends to come for this kind of event next time! 

2. Speak more blessings into people's life. A blessing is not a blessing until it is spoken so may God Bless you!

3. Now, to you who are reading this, good things come to those who wait because "ho liao" coming soon!

GBU :)



No comments: