Welcome to kawaii land! ^0^

Verse of the Day

Sunday, August 19, 2012

So Close


It's been almost 1 month since last I posted about London Olympic and I'm back to blogging. I felt a bit bored as London's Olympic has already ended. I missed the time when I tuned to the Olympic channel on TV to watch the Olympic games and feel "Olympic heat". I was excited to watch Marathon athletes running London's streets and the beautiful scenery of London such as St. Paul's Cathedral, London Bridge.They had to run 42km in the rain and some athletes suffered leg injuries during the game.












The Badminton Men's Singles Final was great. Everyone in the house was sitting in front of TV, watching Dato Lee Chong Wei versus Lin Dan. I was impressed by Chong Wei's rapid adaptation to the match after his ankle injury in few months back. He took pain killer to overcome his pain. 
Although he lost to Lin Dan in the final 19-21, he improved a lot as compared to Beijing 2008 Olympic. Dato Lee Chong Wei, my badminton hero! Lee Chong Wei remained cool whereas Lin Dan was a fiery character. Lin Dan showed his 'beh song' face when his shot were declared out. He did not hide his feelings. I couldn't agree more that he spiced up the final. His badminton fans carrying custom-made board his nickname 超级丹 which means, Super Dan (sounds funny in chinese when I linked the thought 林丹= 仙丹 magic pill). He took off his shirt, showed his hot physique, and ran around the court after winning hmm seems like stripping show. Haha, what an eye-pooping show! But, how come a professional player/ army like him can get tattooed? I got to do some research for that. In my opinion, both of them are great badminton players. I hope I can see them in the next match.


China Badminton head coach, Li YongBo


If I were given a chance to interview Lee Chong Wei, I surely would ask him, "How do you practice like you play?" I heard that he is going to retire 2 years after London Olympic. How I sincerely hope to see him win next time in other badminton games.


Lin Dan covers Men's Health magazine

His ★★★★★ tattoo





'until the end of world', 'LD' tattoo

I like this photo of Lin Dan and his wife, Xie XinFang. They were formally called "The Golden Couple".


Here's a photo of Chong Wei and his future wife, Wong Mew Choo, a former top women's singles player.



Cover for Dare to be a Champion Lee Chong Wei's autobiography book




Here's an interview of Astro AEC News Anchor host, Cleo (郑婧婷) with Lee Chong Wei.



I stumbled upon this song 《热力战放》by Lin Dan and Zhou Xiao Ou. Those lyrics are inspirational. ♥


词曲:徐鲤、刘佳林
演唱:林丹、周晓鸥


战放我们激情的节奏
把那束缚抛开的时候
共同感受这片天空带给我们的自由
挥动你我坚强的双手
努力奔向成功的尽头
我们的梦 握在手中 绝不等候

你是否在经历着平凡的生活
但心中仍然烧着烈火
也许你曾经还在追逐中失去了自我
却从未忘记梦的颜色

战出来释放埋在心中的理想
用拼搏去点亮这希望
热力的节拍舞动你我燃烧了沉默
放飞梦想在这一刻 不能等到最后


As ESPN commenter said: "Skills win you medals, but attitudes win hearts". Congrats to Lee Chong Wei and Pandelela Rinong, our Malaysian diving queen too! She went against all odds and brought back the bronze medal in the women's 10m platform diving event and became first Malaysian woman to win an Olympic medal. You guys made history and made us proud to be Malaysian. Watching The Olympics has inspired me not to give up so easily because sometimes there is no next time and sometimes it's now or never. If they can do it, can't I? They live a life of strict regimes and diets, and to top it all off, they face pressure and expectations from family, friends, fans and their respective countries. I have got to challenge myself physically, mentally, emotionally, and, spiritually to go further to release untapped potential. Dream BIG, and live it OUT!

No comments: